Friday, February 15, 2008

One more reason weasle's amuse me....

Let me start this by saying that Ferret's are odd little critters--and that is part of the reason that I love them so much--because I also am a little odd. For some reason, ferrets love feet--and some of them absolutely go insane for white socks. Some take them out of the laundry, some bite your toes while you walk across the room--and some, like my little Latte, try to take them off your feet so she can carry them off.

Because I know this about her, I very rarely hang out in the ferret room without slippers on-but there have been times when I've fallen asleep on the futon, my slippers have fallen off and (after she carries off my slippers) I've woken up to little sharp teethies nibbling on my toes, trying to take my socks off. At that point, I usually take them off, give them to her and she carries them off (after all, it's not like I don't know where her hidey hole is and I can always retrieve them)

Well, last night Rich was hanging out on the futon (with his shoes off and no slippers) and Latte decided that she just HAD to have daddy's socks. I told him he should just take them off and give them to her (it makes your life alot easier, as she is VERY persistant--Yeah, I know--I give into the ferrets like I would NEVER give in to Sandy) but for some reason he had to be stubborn (to which I say--pick your battles--the ferrets are always gonna win, they are just "that kind of critter" so. why waste your energy?) so, he took them off and tried to put them in a place where she couldn't get them (without getting off the futon) HAHAHA--did I mention that she's persistant???

So, she got a hold of one of his socks and tried to carry it off--he grabbed it in an attempt to save it--and my little beastie started to hiss at him (mind you, she had a face full of sock--and did I mention that in the 3 months I've had her, I've NEVER heard her hiss--even when playing with her Woosligan brothers...) Well, since she is only 2 lbs, and he is signifigantly more than that--he was able to retrieve the sock. But she was MMAAAAADDDD!!! LOLOLOL

Weasles make me laugh--and God knows, I needed it yesterday!!

Oh yeah--an update on Oreo: we took him back to the Dr and she retested his blood glucose--it was low still, so he's now on Prednisone and Diazoxide. She also did a fecal and apparently, he had a cootie so was put on Flagyl--everyone hates flagyl, but it seems to be helping as he is eating much better-and we actually saw him eat kibble--YAY! So, what probably happened last week, was his tummy was bothering him, he didn't eat--which caused him BG to go down--and subsegquently led to hypoglycemia and siezures...

No comments: