Sunday, November 30, 2008

and so the saga continues....

Well, it's actually not that exciting, but I will try to keep you somewhat entertained... When I got home, I took everyone out again and except for the usual scuffles--they seemed to be doing ok. Except at one point, Freckles was under the blanket with just his head poking out-and his face looked kind of weird (like a little girl with her pony tail too tight) so I pulled back the blanket... lo and behold--it wasn't a pony tail holder he had stuck to his head--but Skipton's face!! The funny thing is--even though Skipton has a grip like you wouldn't believe--I can stick my finger right in his mouth and pry his teeth off--he doesn't want to let go of the other ferret, but he doesn't even TRY to bite me (even as a reflex).

The nicer gentler weasles (Henri, Tempe and Latte) are starting to catch on--when he starts getting frisky, they run into the tunnels where they can defend themselves and keep him from munching on them (if they seemed distressed, I would save them--but honestly, they act like they think it's just a new game)

I think Coyle thinks he is playing--he just rolls around on the floor with him and bats him in the face and over the head with his paw when he (Skipton) latches on--until he lets go. (it's actually pretty funny to watch--honestly-sometimes I can't tell if Coyle is good natured, or not all that bright... LOL)

I KNOW that Meelo thinks he is playing (he plays REALLY rough--partly because of the way he was kept, he never really learned how to play) So, He is like "who hoo--bring it buddy--someone who finally plays right" Not sure that Skippy really gets that. LOL.

Al continues to try to stay under the radar (which is a good idea because he is also adrenal) and HILARIOUSLY, he doesn't even ATTEMPT to mess with Mari--I think she is just too mean. Miss Mari don't take NOO shit from Noone!! LOLOL. I love her--she's so funny.

He and Freckles seem to be the biggest problem right now--because they are both VERY adrenal and can't seem to stay away from each other. Picture this: "Don't touch me--I'm touching you--no, I'm going to touch you--Don't touch me--I'm touching you--no don't touch me--I'm touching you, etc..." except it's said with Clucking, screaming and squealing (have I mentioned before that Freckles is a complete Drama queen?)

I've been able to put him (Skippy) in the cage with my big group (or leave him out in the room) and he is usually Ok--until the chorus of "I'm touching you--stop touching me--I'm touching you...etc) starts between 5:30/6:00 AM and if they are loud enough (and they usually are) he is put back into his own cage.

He's had a melatonin implant and he (along with Freckles) will be getting a Lupron injection in the near future. So, I'm hoping that will calm them both down. But, all in all--he is doing better than expected (and better than he was at the shelter)

I'll keep you posted.

Time for another head count and Status:

I lost Aria the Friday after Thanksgiving--she crashed at the vets once again and we determined that (due to a lack of life quality) we would let her go. Go with God, my little furry girl.

(foster) Lila: is DANCING--she is coming out of her shell and is a joy to watch

(foster) Prissy: was 1.1 lbs when I got her--is now 1.5 :-) Good deal Priss--you GO girl!!

(foster) Freckles: His adrenal disease seems to be progressing--and I hope this upcoming Lupron shot will bring him some relief

(foster) Al: not really any changes (knock on wood)

(fosters) Baby Boy and Mandi: were adopted out to a WONDERFUL woman who will be a fantastic mom for them.

(foster) Skipton: Found wandering the streets of Boston--we took him in and as he started to recover, we determined that he would do better at my house

Paulhus's
Meelo--is now on Cosequin and is doing well on it--he is dancing. :-) His lymph nodes are back to normal--and we are continuing to monitor his BG. (Blood Glucose)

Coyle: has finally turned back into my winter beastie--in September he weighed 2.4 lbs and the other day was up to 3.0. :-) and his fur is beautiful again

Mari, Tempe, Latte and Henri are all doing the same (but that's a good thing)

KNOCK ON WOOD

1 comment:

Jules said...

hey, it is too exciting!

I am glad he is settling in. Funny description of Freckles with the "too tight pony tail holder!"