Thursday, March 20, 2008

Time to say Goodbye to one more friend.




It is with a broken heart that I let you know that Goliath made his final trip to the bridge tonight. He hadn't been feeling himself, so I made an appt with his regular vet for tomorrow.

During the course of this evening, he started to crash and was scaring me. I brought him to the Animal Emergency Center in W. Bridgewater where they immediatly took him out back as by that point, he was cold and minimally responsive. They did bloodwork and an emergency ultrasound where it was determined that his organs were starting to shut down and he had 2 masses in either his liver or spleen most likely due to lymphoma. It did not appear as though he would make it through the night, so I made the decision to let him go.

He passed quietly in my arms with one final sigh.

He will be sorely missed and my house will not be the same. One more friend has passed.

Goodbye my sweet boy, I love you. Be well, and until we meet again...

May the road rise up to meet you.May the wind always be at your tail.May the sun shine warm upon your whiskers,and rains fall soft upon your fur.And until we meet again,May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

3 comments:

redpaulhus said...

Of all the fuzzies we've lost - this hit me the hardest.
I think because he was so vibrant and so um, Goliath, just last week.

With our older fuzzies I've generally seen it coming. (Granted, Kali was a surprise but I think I was pretty numb from shock) But this just came out of left field.
G was our alpha weaslie. He was the big strong leader of the pack - he was the epitome of good health and then *poof*.

Jules said...

I am so sorry - you and your critters have had such a tough year.

I really like the photo you included in this post. (((HUG)))

Anonymous said...

See here or here