Thursday, September 11, 2008

Meelo--Post Op day 2

Today I had my Tysabri treatment so I was at Beth Isreal for the day. As I did not feel comfortable leaving Meelo by himself for an extended period of time--I brought him to the vet for day boarding. The added benefit was that since he was there, the vet took a look at him.

She said that he is doing well--the incision looks good ( thus far, he's not picking at it) and although he is swollen, it's not excessive. You can tell that he is sore, but he doesn't seem to be in an excessive amount of pain--although that might be because I am keeping his pain meds on a pretty consistant schedule.

He is still not eating/drinking on his own, but I'm not sure how much of that is "oh mommy keeps picking me up and giving me yummy soup so I don't have to eat kibble" and how much is "I just don't feel good"--although, at this point it doesn't really matter since I will continue to hand feed him because I want him to keep his strength up so he can heal.

I let him out on my bed for a little bit again today--just to get him out of the cage and he was so cute--he just kept burrowing under the comforter and then sticking his head out at me like "here I am!!" I did notice that he tries to use his leg when he's on the bed--which is good for a couple of minutes to keep it limber--but, I don't want him to overdo.

At this point, he seems to be healing nicely (knock on wood)

:-)

No comments: